Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 39

I wish I could remember the things I've mentioned before. Did I mention the boy who is frightened of water? well we have an investigator who hasn't been baptized because he is afraid of being dunked in the water, and wants to wear goggles and a nose plug. We received permission to do so! and it was probably the funniest thing of the week... it might be one of those 'you have to be there' things but I will tell the story nonetheless. So we were in the room talking with him and his mom, and his 12 year old brother was in the other room, listening in on us. We say "You can wear goggles, but they have to be white" and the 12 year old pops in the room and says "Wait, he has to be in white?" and I said "Well, we were just talking about the goggles, but yeah actually his whole outfit has to be white" and then he starts waving his finger and head and says in a very authoratative voice "all white? Uh uh, not after labor day!" it was hilarious, which then brilliantly set us up to set a baptismal date. I said "Oh an excellent point, When is labor day?" the mom said "May 1st I think" "Brilliant," I said "April 30th just so happens to be a saturday, will you be baptized on April 30th, so you can keep the fashion rule of not wearing white after labor day?" and he accepted!
Wednesday we had an awesome new investigator that we are teaching, the whole thing is absolutely incredible, we have been receiving help from the other side of the veil, so that always helps. Thursday we were out of miles on our car, so we took bikes... I don't ride bike, I'm not used to it. I hurt. Our area is very hilly, and we set our appointments way too close together. The next day I went on splits with someone in the district, and it was with someone in a bike area. It was another awful day... well actually it was an awesome day, but I hate bikes... I would honestly love bike if I had a week to let the soreness wear off, and if it didn't hurt my knee.
Conference was incredible! the Gold Medal goes to Richard G. Scott, what an incredible talk! I love the spirit of Conference, I'm really upset that some investigators didn't watch, we'll have a talk with them, and let them know we are disappointed. Darn peoples.
That is all.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.