Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 41

Greetings. I may not have a ton today. but I do have one really awesome story at least!
This has been a fantastic week! we have found so many new investigators. We were tracting one street, and found 2 new people to teach, it was so awesome, we only tracted half the street even! then we had to go to an appt. So we were walking back to the Car, and Satan wasn't happy that we were there, so he decided to put an 11 year old boy in our path. We didn't even see him, but he called out to us "Hey what are you guys doing?" Under my breath, I said "It's Elders, not guys" we answered "We're missionaries, just talking to people about Jesus Christ" we were not even going to bother with him, we don't usually talk to kids, plus it looked like he had a mental disorder, so we kept walking "Hows that going?" he asked, we decided to go and talk to him, he obviously wanted to talk. So we start telling him about what we are doing, and he says "I'll be honest with you, I think the book of Mormon is dumb!" and we said "Oh really? why is that?" he said something like "Because Joseph Smith was a false prophet, and thinks he Saw God" he then went on to quote some scripture, and use the whole trinity approach. I must say even better than most pastors we run into! I was kinda impressed, so we talked to him, and explained a few scriptures to him, then his grandma came out, we told her how awesome her grandson was, and she said "Well thanks, are you mormons?" we said yes, she said "You believe in a false Jesus" Whoa! crazy lady. So we talked a while, she got pretty heated, and then Elder Jones did as well, he started bashing with her, so it needed to end. I started to end it so we could politely leave, I said "Well, we disagree, but its so great to have that Faith in Jesus Christ" and then Elder Jones decided to say one last thing, and started bashing again... ugh, so she just walked off laughing at him. It was pretty bad actually. We had a talk about bashing. But the little boy was SO CRAZY! So brainwashed, it was honestly very sad. Satan truly does have a hold of many, through the craftiness of man. Good people blinded by false teachers and preachers.
We had an awesome lesson with some investigators this week, one that normally wants proof simply listened. They said that they would have trouble with the Word of Wisdom thing, but hey at least they are thinking ahead like that, of becoming LDS! it was pretty cool to see, we had a great lesson with them.
I am going to the Easter pageant at the Mesa temple on Saturday! I am so very very excited! I have never seen it, but I've heard so many awesome things about it.
Well, my time is short, I must leave,
Elder Martin

1 comment:

  1. I got to go to the Easter Pageant there. It is truly amazing. I loved it. I am sure you will be inspired by it. I am glad you are getting the opportunity to see it.
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.