Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 42

Dear friends and family,
First a question for any turleys who might be reading this. Do any of you know a Georgia Kelly, or a Lonnie Morris? One guy in my ward, Glenn Kelly is very gracious to us, and there family has been great friends to me, and he was telling me about how he remembers the shooting in the 12th ward and all about that stuff, he grew up in that area too I think. I talked to them about it on the way to the Mesa Temple Easter Pageant! It was such a great experience, the pageant was awesome! we had investigators that were supposed to come, but we called them when we got there, and they said "Oh, we're at home, we are not going to be coming" it was frustrating, but I was still so happy to be able to go! There was this protestor there who started talking to us, he was actually really nice, he commented on my beautiful tie. It was a really nice tie I must say. We didn't talk long, because I was with some members, also its fruitless to talk to protestors, but I did give him some information he hadn't heard that he might go look up.
Well, tuesday was an interesting day. The Bishop family is digressing, we're worried about them, we had a good lesson though, and got a lot of things out on the table. I always knew that with this family there would be a fall back like this, and that it would be a real struggle to get them to the baptismal font, but I know that they will be awesome members. I believe that its one of the families that I am put here specifically for. I love this family very much. The teenage boy said flat out he doesn't want to be baptized now, that was 4 days after his scheduled baptism. It was pretty tough.
Thursday started off real well, we had an awesome lesson with an investigator, and she texted us afterwards saying how grateful she was for us to come over. When we got there she was asking questions about the location of the Garden of Eden! ha ha, crazy. The rest of the day was awful! I can't even explain it, but just nothing worked, we tried to do missionary work, but couldn't, everyone cancelled, and we got nothing done. I was pretty upset about it on Friday, but as soon as I got out at 10 and was doing the work, I was just fine. I love missionary work, its the cure-all, it fixes everything.
Friday was a good day, I ate at a thai restaraunt because the owner loves missionaries, he isn't LDS, but he wants his temple work done when he dies. Incredibly nice man! it was a fun day. I saw turtles.
Well, that's all for this week. Have a great week.
elder Martin

1 comment:

  1. AAAAHHHHGGGGGG. I just wrote a long heart felt comment. Drat. It did not post. I cannot apparently get back to it. Far out!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.