Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 38

Interesting week...
Monday was spent saying bye to Elder Pearson, and playing a lot of sports. That's mostly what I do on P-days these days is play sports. Basketball and deathball, also what we call chair soccer, where you all spread out in the gym and you have a chair that everyone tries to kick the soccer ball at... its kinda fun, but I hate soccer, and I'm no good at it.
Tuesday was a great day, I love the transfer meetings, they are the only meetings I actually enjoy... I take that back, I LOVE all the meetings, I just hate them at the same time... they are always uplifting, but we have a lot of them. So I set up a ride with this awesome lady in the ward, Sister Gibson, but just to pick us up, we had a ride there but not a ride back. Well, we ended up being able to get a ride back from the other people, so I called and left a message for Sister Gibson. She came anyway, but we didn't see her! she never got our message. I felt so bad! so the next day we bought her a pie and brought it to her house. She opened the door and said "You BETTER be bringing me a pie!" said it jokingly, but we apologized profusely. I just felt so awful about it, we got a call from the Assistants to the President "hey, there is some lady here saying she was supposed to pick you up". All is well now. So that night we got back and had to cancel our appt with the Bishop family because we were late in arriving, but scheduled it for thursday.
Nothing interesting for wednesday.
Thursday was great. It was my first District Meeting that I was in charge of, and I think it went quite well, it was enjoyable. That night we met with the Bishops, Chance has a date for baptism! and we had a great talk with them. I first thought (because he said so) that the only reason he was going to be baptized was "just in case" so he didn't go to Hell. Our last meeting with him revealed otherwise thankfully. What a great family.
Well I think that's all for this time. Life as a missionary is awesome! I absolutely love being a missionary. I love talking all day about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, these are the years I've been waiting for my whole life! I love it.
Elder Martin

1 comment:

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.