Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 37

What an interesting/boring week.
Monday I got a haircut. Hooray! It was fun actually, there were some children from the ward over at the house, so I got to do some magic for them while Elder Jones was getting his hair cut... my magic is incredible, I must say. Elder Jones can't even figure out one of the tricks. I have two nickels, one nickel if I flip it, and they guess heads or tails, it will always be wrong, the other one will always be right. Anyway...Tuesday was awesome, I was on Splits all day with a priest in the ward, since it was spring break he was able to come, we had a great time! This ward has some great youth. Wednesday I was on splits with Elder Seiber, the District Leader, it was a good day as well. That night Elder Jones got sick, hence the boring part of the week... We had some incredible things planned for Thursday. But no, we couldn't do it. Oh well.
Sheesh, I wish there was something more to talk about. Saturday I went on Splits again with Elder Gould this time, spanish Elder, so It was not a fun day, I just sat and listened... I did get to help teach one lesson though, cause some of the kids spoke English, that was pretty fun.
I had an interesting realization yesterday in church. John 14:26 (I think that's the verse) it says that the Holy Ghost will teach us all things that we must do. It dawned on me that it did not say that the Holy Ghost will TELL us all things that we must do, but he will TEACH us... teaching is a process, if we ask for guidance, or answers to questions, he will not simply tell us what we need to know, but will show us, or teach us through experiences. It's brilliant! The Holy Ghost is AWESOME!
Sunday was an interesting day... Church was fantastic... we may have lost an investigator though, one who I've been working with since my first month on the mission. It was pretty disappointing.
Well that's all I have for the day.
Elder Martin

1 comment:

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.