Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 68

Dear the People,
 
What an interesting week.
 
Item number 1.  Transfers.  No changes for me, except that in our zone we lost one missionary, Elder Nelson, the greatest missionary ever, I was real sad to see him go.  The meeting was fun as always, it was good to see some old friends, and my old Zone Leader, Elder Henrie is the new Assistant to the President. 
 
After transfer meeting I had an appointment with a podiatrist, I think that's how its spelled, a foot doctor.  My feet had been killing me for a couple of months, and I finally decided to see what was wrong.  My left foot has nerve damage, and my right foot has plantar fasciitis, but not at the heal, instead at the ball of the foot.  So, in order to fix this they used what seems to be their 'fix-all' and shot cortisone into my feet... first my left foot they took the 2 inch needle (literally! it was -------------------------- <-- that long!) and put some under my skin, real shallow, didn't hurt too bad... but I did get slightly worried as I watched my foot turn super pale white and look like death! Then he got another needle for my right foot, and he said "okay, this is going to hurt." Holy cow he wasn't lying!!! he went in from the side of my foot and shoved the needle all the way into my foot which caused an involuntary jerk as he brushed past nerves and things... that's what he said anyway "I know this hurts, the needle is touching nerves." It was surprising how much it hurt... it wasn't horrible, but worse than I would have ever expected.  I'm supposed to go in 3 weeks again for the same thing, I'm going to take my camera and video the whole thing.  My foot was numb the rest of the day, that was fun, I could finally walk again! then that night the numbness wore off and my left foot was in constant pain! I didn't think I would sleep, but I did, and I woke up with no pain in my foot for the first time in MONTHS! that next night it was my RIGHT foot that was in pain, and I woke up the next morning with no pain at all! the pain has tapered off now, its very minimal, but still obviously healing.  I'm so excited to not have so much pain in my feet, its such a weird feeling to be able to walk!
 
It's been a really tough weekend! we went from having a lot to do, to nothing.  We had two with a baptismal date a couple days ago, and now one of them moved unexpectedly to new hampshire, and the other one doesn't really like us right now.  I've been doing a lot of praying and fasting.  I don't know how things will turn out... but I know that God is in charge, and everything will be okay if I simply will put my trust in him.  If this wasn't true, missionary work would be real tough! thankfully the Gospel is real, its a fact, and we can all know for ourselves with just a little bit of effort on our part. 
 
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.