Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week 66

Alright... well its time to write for the blog, and thus I will.
My name is Elder Martin, I am a missionary, I'm serving in Cottonwood Arizona, and I am a Mormon!
So they are doing a huge media campaign here, and its awesome! we hear people talking about the I'm a Mormon commercials ALL THE TIME! some love them, and some hate them... but they just hate them cause they already hated us. We had some missionaries in our zone who got yelled at out of a window "Oh yeah, WELL IMNOT A MORMON!" ha... most people say "I love your commercials!" they are really well done, check out mormon.org if you haven't seen them. Also, if you dont' have a profile, I might encourage all who read this to log onto Mormon.org and get a profile! the leaders of the church has asked everyone to do this, so do it.
It's been a good week. We've been teaching Isay, coolest guy ever! former rastifarian, he's crazy. He has 5 big dogs... I've been taking allergy medicine all week. Isay loves the gospel, he thinks its mystical though... so we need to help him change that. He's obsessed with the Urim and Thummim, and he says that's what is holding him right now. I asked him the other day "Do you believe the Book of Mormon is the word of God?" he says he can't stop thinking about that question, and that he has talked to a lot of his friends about the question I asked. He set his own baptismal date, he said "I don't know why, but I really think that I should be baptized on November 19th!" we're just fine with that! He showed us this video from the history channel, it was so crazy! it was about how Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith, but that Moroni was actually an alien. I told him the truth is so much cooler.
Saturday was fun. We got yelled at SO much! we often get yelled at, but usually at most once or twice a day. It was fun.
Good times... Well that's all I have. The Gospel is true. Trust me, I know.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.