Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 64

This has been an eventful/uneventful week... Some fun things happened, but none are that important.
Wednesday I went on exchanges with the funniest Elder I know, Elder Nelson. We had so much fun, probably too much fun...
First we went tracting near our home, Elder Nelson told me he saw a magical place for tracting and that we HAD to go there... it turned out to be an apartment complex... which turned out to be an old persons apartment complex! we talked to 3 people, we weren't allowed to knock on doors. Lame. We then ate lunch. We went tracting and used his new tracting technique... it works quite well, but is so funny to me, that I really had a hard time with it. Basically you comment on whatever you see on their porch before you say anything else. So as soon as they open the door you say something to the effect of "So I see you have an old wooden bench!" for some reason it just makes them so much more agreeable and nice! they talk about the bench for a minute, and then you talk about the gospel. It's so weird and hilarious how well it works, and what things work. One time Elder Nelson said "I see you've got a thermometer!" Oh gosh, I thought it was the worst thing he could have said... the guy then excitedly talked to us about his two thermometers! It doesn't go well sometimes though. We once tracted into a guy who had a lot of foam swords and shields and things. It was Elder Nelson's turn. He said "I see you have a lot of foam weaponry!" the guy came out and said "What do you WANT?" he was a real big guy with a greek style beard (beard under the chin) Elder Nelson started laughing, so I had to take over, I talked to him for a minute, and asked him if he went to any churches. His response "I'm a son of Oden." My thought was that I didn't ask who his father was... so I rephrased the question. "Well do you have any religious beliefs?" "I told you, I'm a SON OF ODEN!" oh... apparently that's a religious belief. We talked for a couple more minutes, and left trying to not laugh... we had a hard time on a couple door steps cause we were laughing all day long.
Thursday we went on another exchange! and Friday was yet ANOTHER exchange! but they were all good. I went to Camp Verde and stayed with the Elders there, there are four of them in an office like apartment... they have one real big room, and all four beds are lined up! It reminded me of an orphanage!
Yesterday I rode bike... there are lots of hills here, it was not fun.
The End.
Elder Martin

1 comment:

  1. So like was this the first time you had ridden a bike since you were there? I rode bike almost the whole time I was there. I was even in an area called Seven Hills. Yes, it was hilly there as well. Got into really really really good bike shape though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.