Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 62

Dear People,
My name is Elder Martin, and my week has been crazy. We'll start with... monday.
Well, nothing cool happened monday,
Tuesday. I was writing my e-mails when behold the news came. Elder Martin is leaving Waddell. I was sad. So we visited some families got some great pictures and it was sad to say goodbye.
Wednesday we had our transfer meeting at 11:15! I met my new companion and found out my new place to live. My new companion is Elder Geren from Spokane Washington! He is awesome, I am really excited to be working with him. My new area is Cottonwood, which is up right by Sedona, the Zone covers Sedona so I will be there on a number of occasions, so that will be fun. It is BEAUTIFUL here! So nice, the weather is perfect! probably a little too cold actually... I'm probably going to have to buy a real blanket. Well, it took an hour and a half to get up here, so that was no fun, the first night I was here there was a baptism, but not in my ward.
Thursday I just tried to get to know my new area, did some tracting, tried to meet some fo the people. Nothing to exciting.
Friday was awesome! we went on exchanges with the Assistants, so I had to travel back down to the valley, and I was with Elder Falconer who is great, the most exciting thing about that day was that there was a southwest mission presidents seminar that President Taylor was attending. He wanted his son Braden to come down for a dinner they were having, so they asked us to bring him there (mesa) so we did. We arrived early so we sat down outside the room for 30 or so minutes. Then it ended, and mission presidents started coming out, giving us weird looks... they obviously thought that we were not supposed to be there, we talked to a few of them though, and they were very nice! we talked to the Tempe Mission President, talked to him about Elder Turley who he told me is currently doing awesome and serving as a District Leader, so that was fun to hear! Then President Taylor came out and talked to us, and introduced us to Elder Rasband! That was really cool. It was Elder Rasband that requested Braden's presence. So after that we went back up to cottonwood, almost died a couple of times, the driver of the car wasn't good at all, I had to tell him about upcoming cars a couple of times, and red lights a couple times, once was pretty scary. No worries though.
Saturday I went to a baby shower... we were invited. Sunday was great, I got to meet the new ward and I approve of them. That's about all for now. I'm really excited to be here, I love this area so much, I love my companion, I love the district and the zone, I am so excited to be here!
Elder Martin

1 comment:

  1. What Jason didn't tell you was that he is now a zone leader.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.