Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 50

Well, its a new transfer, and things are awesome! Better I think than they have ever been. I'm training again, Elder Hall from Alabama. He's a great worker, good teacher, very personable and easy to get a long with. We had an awesome week!
We don't tract anymore, but I decided to take him tracting so he could get used to talking with people. So we go to the street, and we go to the first house, and we brought a priest along with us also, and he says "It looks like no one lives here, there is no furniture" so I said "Okay, we'll skip it and move on, we wont waste our time" then he said "Wait, hang on, maybe there is someone" so we go and knock. The guy comes out and talks to us for about 10 or 15 minutes, then we go in and teach the Restoration. He is evangelical, and had a lot of counter points to what we had, but it was all basic stuff, he was really familiar with the bible, so it was fairly easy to show him our point of view, a lot of which was good for him, and he seemed to grasp. We just had a great discussion, it may not go anywhere, but he started to really open up towards the end, and shared some cool stuff about his life. He has never felt joy or peace he says. If he prays about the Book of Mormon, he will feel joy AND peace! I really hope he does.
The Bishops really like my new companion! I think that they are going to start progressing even faster. There is one problem though... Mary has faith in ME. I want to end that. She keeps saying "I have complete faith in you Elder Martin, just not Joseph Smith" So we tell her that her faith should be in Jesus Christ. We are going over there today to give a blessing to her daughter, and we told her that they need to show faith in Jesus Christ. Again, "well I have faith in you elder Martin" NO!!! Bad! We're taking them to the temple in July. It's gonna be good. But anyway, she also really likes Elder Hall, she said he seems familiar. I told her that she knew him before this life, and she liked that. That whole conversation happened while he was in the bathroom. I'm really excited.
We talked to a lady from Romania the other day, actually 4 people, but only 1 spoke english, one really old lady couldn't understand us, but I believe the gift of tongues was present, and she understood the language of the Spirit, the one lady who spoke english was baptist, and argued a little bit with us, but the one who couldn't understand just listened, and felt the spirit, at the end she said in English "I love Jesus! I LOVE Jesus!" and then she asked through her friend if she could get a romanian copy of the Book of Mormon. She was so excited, it was really cool.
The gospel is true, everyone can feel it if they will just listen for the spirit.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.