Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 49

So this week has been... hmmm... I dunno. Good. Yeah, its been good.
President Beck wasn't happy with our entire Zone, we had a pretty bad week a couple weeks back, so we had a lot of meetings about it this week... unfortunately so many meetings prevented us from having that much better of a week. But there were a lot of companonship issues throughout the zone, and we worked them all out on Thursday, and everyone is happy now.
The funniest thing happened on Wednesday, well at least it was funny to me. We were at the tail end of mutual in our ward, and we were talking to people. I was talking to one of the leaders about some people she had visited over the past week, and Elder Jones was talking to some of the young women. He was informing them of the "Lock your heart" talk that Spencer Kimball gave, specifically in reference to a guy in the ward who is soon to leave who has a girlfriend. Then he mentioned a couple verses in Luke about not looking back after you have committed to the Gospel. One of the 14 year old girls was apparently quite impressed with his comments, cause she went in and gave him a big hug! Ooooh it was SO funny! he was trying to keep her back, but couldn't do much, and another 15 year old girl was shouting "No!!! You can't hug a missionary!!! STOP!" the girl apparently had no clue that she wasn't supposed to hug a missionary! it was hilarious. Maybe it was wrong of me, but all I could do was laugh! We make fun of him a lot now for all the 14 year old girls being in love with him.
I had two dinners last night for one of the first times on my mission... I think I did on thanksgiving as well. My second dinner had some of the best steak ever, but I couldn't eat much! dang it all. It was all good though.
My good friend Elder King goes home tomorrow! and Elder Kavatoe goes home in 3 months, I never thought it would be so close... which means I am just aroudn the corner! I don't like that idea! 10 days away from my year mark!
That is all for now.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.