Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 34

I had another great week! I just love this place more and more every day.
Tuesday almost every single appt cancelled on us! it was quite frustrating, we had such a busy day planned, and it all fell through. I hate cancelled appointments. Also a couple weeks ago we got this awesome referral, and we called him and he said "Oh I'd love to meet with you, I'm actually going up to Nampa ID this week for work, so call me in a week and we'll set something up." So we call the next week, and he hangs up and wont answer again... ugh.
Thursday was an awesome day! we set an appointment with the Lord to find someone that day. Elder Jones decided which street to tract, was prompted to tract there actually, so we went. We get there, and knock the first door... no ones home, but down the street there are 2 thirteen year old girls, who start shouting some choice things at us. We ignored them, and they wouldn't actually come talk to us, if we looked at them they ran away screaming. Later, a car drives by, stops, backs up and a 13 year old girl shouts "Look out the Mormons are coming!!! Look out!" Satan is obviously sparing no expenses on trying to stop us, he brought out the big guns that day. So we had an hour set aside to find this person. We had only a few minutes left. We knock on a door, Elise answers, she's somewhat interested, she sets a return appt. We think "Sweet, maybe that was who we were supposed to find" Next house, no one answers, I think "Okay its time to head back... oh wait, I recognize a house 2 doors down, we'll go to that point" so we knock the next door, and talk to a guy Matt. He essentially tells us that he would LOVE to be Mormon if he could only find some sort of evidence in favor of the Book of Mormon. He says he's seen a lot of evidence that denies the Book of Mormon. How convenient for him, I'VE STUDIED THIS STUFF!!! Whooo, so we talk for a minute, and I tell him a few things, I say "we have irrefutable evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet." and I hold up the Book of Mormon "Right here." Then I gave one of my favorite challenges to give. "If you read this book, one page at a time, and ask yourself 'could a man have written this book' and pray about it, I promise you that you will know that this book is the Word of God before you are finished reading it." he said that was a pretty heavy promise, I didn't back down on it of course, cause its true. He talked about how much he admired mormons and even said "If everyone were mormon, the world would be a much better place. The Mormon religion is growing incredibly fast, I suspect that in 100 years, it will be the dominant religion in the world" he he, how true that is... during the Millenium I am pretty sure it WILL be the dominant religion. It was really fun to talk to him, and we are going by this Friday. I'm excited. Later that night, we went to the Relief Society Enrichment, it was a lot of fun, I got to help people with Family History, I had forgotten how fun it can be! and how exciting. Most of it was helping people get started, but one person was already into it, and couldn't find information on someone. I couldn't either, but I showed her how to, and now she's excited to find it. Family History is fun! too bad most people my age think otherwise.
Saturday was an awesome day! We went on all day splits, and I was with an incredibly solid kid. He just moved into the area and he is going to be an awesome missionary! We stopped by to visit Elise like we said we would, and of course, she was gone... that happens 90% of the time. We met with the Bishops that was fun. We got to read 3rd Nephi 11 with them... we shouldn't have, because they should have read it themselves, but since they didn't we read it with them. We met this guy who had a hole in his throat from smoking, and he had to use a device that he held to his neck to talk, it was pretty crazy! On all day splits, I always like to call the boys family and secretly set up an appt. with them for that night. Throughout the day I tell them about how we are going to be teaching a lesson that night, but I don't tell them who until we show up, I take them to their neighborhood "Oh this is my neighborhood, you're teaching someone here?" ha ha, yes... yes we are. Then when I get them to their street, they start suspecting things.
That's all for today... This was a long one...
Bye.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.