Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 33

Sheesh, I don't even know what to write about! I don't know what happened specifically last week, and what I've written about. My mission is destroying my memory! I can't remember things unless I write it down. If someone asks me to do something, I have to write it down, or it doesn't happen... I have to SCHEDULE time to think about it! how silly.
Let me look back through my planner to find out what happened this week. We set a baptismal date with Virginia! She is getting Baptized on March 12th! I'm really excited about that. She's so awesome! so humble, just accepts what is told now that she has gained a confirmation of the truth. She studies a couple of hours every single day!
I'm teaching the Relief Society Enrichment this week... kind of... I actually have no idea what they want from me exactly, except that its on Family History and they want me to come and help out since I've had experience with it. In a meeting the relief society president said "All my family history work has been done! I can't find anyone else" so I told her afterwards that I have some tips that will help her find a few hundred more people fairly easily. Don't tell things like that to the RS president. I'm actually kinda excited though to be honest.
Things are going great with our investigators, and we've received 3 awesome referrals this past week, which almost never happens! we are very blessed right now. All success is a blessing from the Lord, and I am very grateful for every bit of it.
It's too bad that I haven't been able to get Elder Jones very much tracting experience! we are just too busy! again, I'm not going to complain about that... but he just doesn't get that much experience yet in tracting. We had our first 'basher' the other day, it was just your normal average basher, but I forgot he hadn't experienced it, so he was talking about it all week. I got to talk with a man who has a PhD in Bible studies yesterday. As a district we went to a museum full of ancient Bibles, it was awesome... there was even a page from the original guttenberg Bible. Elder Kavatoe started talking about the Book of Mormon. The guy was definitely anti mormon. He started trying to 'confound' us, and would ask the most ridiculous questions that no one would know, as a way to say he was smarter than us. Elder Kavatoe doesn't really know english, so he couldn't understand the guy, so I jumped in and had a good time with it. We started talking about faith, and I mentioned that one cannot have faith in an untrue principle. He disagreed. He contradicted himself a couple of times, which I gently pointed out, he decided to find another path. It was kind of fun. It was him and 10 missionaries. No one else said anything though. I thanked him for his time and knowledge and we left.
I can't remember any other stories... it was an awesome week though I remember. I have never had a bad week my whole mission! I've had a few bad days, but not really. The gospel is true, so no need to be down.
Elder Martin

1 comment:

  1. Okay Jason, we sent you a letter. Did you get it or are you still waiting for it? Well, anyway, thanks for all the work you do. Emmy's hair is cut! I cut it to her chin! It looks so cute!! Kaien, Ammon and Chris got haircuts as well. They all look great, though I say it myself. I don't always cut hair well, as you already know :) Still feel bad about that! Love you! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.