Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 32

Good Morning!
So its been quite the week! Tuesday was Transfer Meeting, I went early for a meeting for Trainers, I am now training. I think there have been some obedience issues within the mission, because we got hammered about obedience all day! Which surprised me, even in our zone, because I thought our whole zone was pretty obedient! So after the meeting they brought in the new comers! I am training Elder Jones from Beaverton Oregon, he has only been a member for a year and a half! I love having a convert with me, they have great testimonies, and can relate to the investigators much better. He is the only member in his family. He's been good this past week, we get along, and he teaches very well! It's going to be a good 6 - 12 weeks! perhaps even more... most likely 12 weeks. Which is so exciting because that means I get to stay in Waddell! People are now starting to realize that I have been here for a very long time! I went into a home the other day, where I taught a lesson my first couple of weeks out, and was shocked at how much their daughter had grown, I've been here a while! I just love it here though!
Saturday we had a baptism for David Hall! the place was packed! it was so great to see so much support for him. The Baptism went very well, and it was a great event. We had a get together at a friends house afterwards for dinner, its a family that I love so much! the five year old girl always wants to wear my name tag and my glasses so she can be Elder Martin. She had a little Dog bean bag thing, and I asked her what his name was, and she said "hmmm... ummm... It's Elder Martin!" BRILLIANT! What an excellent name. Being a missionary is so much fun!
I'm including pictures of the baptism of David and Lauren, cause I forgot them last week.
I've been making a lot of Grapefruit Juice, its good stuff! We get so much citrus, I think I already mentioned that, but its true.
Hmmm, I can't think of anything else. I am excited for this week!
Elder Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.