Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 30

Dear people who read this blog. Are there any of you who still read this?
This week has been another good one! I really don't want to leave this area! Transfers are next week! I can't believe it. I think something will change. I just hope I stay. I've really grown to love the people here, in the ward as well as though we are teaching. We have a baptism this coming saturday. Satan's out to get me though. He keeps trying to break my foot! Sunday morning at about 1:30 AM I heard a loud knock on my door, it woke me up but I couldn't tell if I really heard anything or not, so I forgot about it. That morning I opened my door to leave my room, and a very heavy wooden closet folding door came flying into my room, narrowly missing my face, and came even closer to landing on my foot. It was leaning up against a wall for probably the past month, and for some reason it fell last night, it put a whole in the door. 2 or 3 other things happened that day that almost broke my foot. I also almost broke a tooth. Last Tuesday I got the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Westbroek, who was recently released as the Assistant to the President, he goes home in a week. I asked a lot of questions and tried to gain as much wisdom from him as I could! He is an excellent missionary and has been helpful to me, it was a great experience.
We taught two new people this week, both of them had committed to baptism prior to meeting with us! they will be baptized soon, one is in her 60's and the other is in the singles ward... but he has 2 kids... so I may get to baptize a family in the singles ward... That would be weird. We've had another great week, and I'm excited for this week cause its going to be even better.
Ummm, I think that's all. I need to start remembering to write down the good stories to tell about. Elder Nuttall, who weighs all of 140 lbs tried wrestling Elder Kavatoe who weighs 250 lbs, mostly muscle. That was interesting. Elder Kavatoe is very afraid of me though, one elbow in his ribs completely neutralizes him. We have a lot of fun in this district.
Elder Martin

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Elder Martin. Someone reads your blogs. I do. Sounds like you've been quite blessed with people willing to listen.

    And glad to hear your foot has been spared.

    Kevin Nelson

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.