Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 29

What a busy BUSY week! I had almost no time for tracting this week, its so awesome.
We finally found the 11 year old Jason boy! YES! we talked to him, and got him all set up to come to scouts and things! We're excited! He's such a neat kid! there were about 5 kids when we got there, and they were all SO excited when I gave them pictures (pass along cards) of Jesus and of the Temple. It was fun!
We set a date for baptism for Kelly!!! Everyone remember him? I've been teaching him since AUGUST! if not JULY! We tracted into him, and he's finally going to get baptized. We just have to get him to quit smoking. We gave him a program to help him stop.
We were called on to give 6 blessings in 4 days this week! between wed and sat we gave them. They were some remarkable experiences! I love the priesthood. I love being able to use the priesthood to bless the lives of others. I love the work that I have been called to do, its the most rewarding thing I've ever experienced.
Lauren may be getting baptized this saturday instead of February 12th. Hurray! David is still scheduled for February 19th, and now Kelly is for the same date. We had 9 investigators come to sacrament meeting yesterday! it was so wonderful. Some didn't even come! There were 3 that didn't show up. We have so many people to teach right now, and so many more on the horizon! I have never seen so much work to do! and not NEARLY enough time to do it. That's the hard part, that's why we can't tract, we are busy all day every day... and unfortunately we have meetings! I wish we didn't have such long meetings each week. We had a Zone Conference on Friday, but that was a great meeting, I love Zone Conferences. The Spirit was so strong. Our president is very inspired! We were just given a rule that we can no longer listen to EFY music. Most people were really upset about it, I was thrilled... I hate EFY music! I've always believed that much of the EFY music detracts from the spirit, and the President now agrees!
The older Jason investigator is doing well, super busy so we can't meet with him very much, but he is very close to baptism. I love that family. I love everyone we teach. Also the Billy Bishop family we are teaching, they are wonderful!
A couple weeks ago we raked the yard of an investigator, and that night there was a wind storm and blew the rest of the leaves of the tree... dang it! It's satan's doing, the bible calls him the prince of the air. or wind, or something like that. But now there are no more leaves to fall, so we'll go rake again.
Well I wish I could tell more stories but I haven't the time.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.