Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 26

Dear Family and Friends and accidental Passersby.
Well 2010 is now behind us! I'm excited for the year of 2011, its the only full year of my mission, the entirety of 2011 will be spent on my mission. How exciting. The past 2 weeks have been SLOW!!! I have not been allowed to do as much missionary work, and its no fun! I hate being locked up inside. If people wouldn't get so drunk on holidays, I would be happy. Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve and New Years were all days by appointment only. Plus we had our regular P-days. Let me tell a story of one of the few times I was able to tract the past couple weeks.
So I'm on splits with Elder Kavatoe, and we knock on this door, and a guy answers and we tell him about the Book of Mormon, he agree's with most of what we say... I was thinking maybe he was a member. He invites us in and we talk about the Gospel, we share a part of the message of the Restoration. He believes most of what we tell him! it was pretty crazy. We have an appointment back there pretty soon. Thursday. He doesn't like being pushed or pressured though.
Hmmm, that story took less time than I thought to tell... darn... ummm.. Christmas was good! New Years was cold. It got below freezing that night, there are many reports that it actually SNOWED! here in phoenix, it snowed. I didn't see any. It rained pretty heavily a few days before that too.
I've been learning many wonderful things from the scriptures. I love learning new things! We had an awesome discussion with an investigator a few days ago, she was asking questions about our divine potential, we were able to have a wonderful discussion about it, such a new concept to so many people, yet it is so clear in the scriptures. I love when we are teaching new concepts, such as the 3 degree's of glory, and we go over bible passages, and an investigator says "Wow, It's been there the whole time, I can't believe I never saw that before". I love teaching! I got to teach a sunday school class a couple weeks ago, that was a lot of fun! I hope I get to be in the Primary as a teacher when I get home! that would just be awesome! I could serve in the Primary my whole life and be very content.
Did I mention that I'm staying here? I guess not since I couldn't write a letter last week. Well Transfers came, and no one left in the whole zone. So I'm here in Waddell for another 6 weeks! I couldn't be happier. I think I need even one more transfer here. I would be happy with 9 months in this area. I would be thrilled with 10 and a half, but then for Summer, I think I'll be okay with going to Sedona! and then come winter, I want to be in South Phoenix. Enos 1:12 "And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith." I will labor and pray with all diligence, and maybe the Lord will grant to me according to my transfer desires. =]
Well, It's time to go shopping now, hurray! I hate shopping... but I do need food. Oh, how about this for ridiculous, extra cartridges for razors cost $25!!! WHAT??? I can't afford to shave anymore!
Elder Martin

1 comment:

  1. Shaving is a ripoff. I face the same dilemma. Should I just buy an electric? Probably. Alas, this also costs money.
    I was in my greenie area for 6 months. My second area I think I was 9 months, in two different stints. My last area was around 9 months as well I think.
    Good ol' mission life. Hurrah for Israel!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.