Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 24

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Oh I'm excited about Christmas, I'll be celebrating in shorts and a T-shirt! I got my first present a few days ago from the Nampa 17th Ward! how exciting, tell them all thank you.
Let me tell you about my awesome week! Tuesday was good, can't remember it though he he... oh yeah that is right, I had a meeting with the Halls! Every tuesday from now on. They are great, David is so much more ready for Baptism than he realizes, he is really doing well! It's always fun to go over there, as they are pretty much family! literally. Did Ruby send you pictures mom? we were playing with Chickens, maybe you can give them to Melanie and she can post them on the Blog.
Wednesday is the weirdest thing... I can't remember any of it!
Friday I had an awesome exchange with Elder Westbroek, he is our District Leader, he just got released as the Assistant to the President, so it was a great opportunity to learn from him all day, we put up some Christmas lights in the morning and did some tracting and contacting, it was a fun day.
It all led up to the greatest day of the week! Saturday. All day exchanges again with a priest in the ward. 10 AM we go tracting, ridiculous story... so we are talking to this lady and she has two dogs barking at us the whole time we are talking, she wasn't interested, so we start to leave, and one dog BITES MY SHOE! he just takes a nip at me as I'm walking away! stupid dog... named Maverick because the lady said "Maverick, what do you think you're doing?" I nearly kicked the dog in the face, but I caught myself. It's reactionary okay? If someone bites my shoe, my reaction is to kick back. Had she not been there.... So at 12:00 we went to a baptism! Asa. I taught her once, but then found out she was in a different ward. But I still wanted to go to the baptism. It was pretty good. Then we had lunch, I made my famous fried potatoes... they are quite famous! and thanks Christine for the idea of Brown Sugar in them... its actually my secret ingredient to almost everything. Saturday was probably my best batch of potatoes. Mmmm... I remember it like it happened only 2 days ago.... anyway, so we started teaching a girl Lauren on Saturday, we've been meeting with her for a while, but never got to teach her, she has been coming to church though. So I finally got to teach her, it was really good! she has already read the book of Mormon all the way through, and is again in Jacob! She knows that this is the right path, but is having a hard time committing to it, she will probably end up losing a lot of friends over it, which is really sad. We had a great lesson though, or at least I think so.
Right after the lesson, we had another Baptism. Trisha Miller!! YES!!! What a wonderful experience, it was such a great baptism, the spirit was so strong, she was crying through a lot of it. She was so prepared for it, it was so wonderful! I am so grateful I had the opportunity to teach her the gospel and to see the changes she has made, and the changes the Gospel has made in her life.
That was my week I guess! It was a great week, and I can't wait for this week cause every week is awesome out here!
Elder Martin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jason! I am honored to be able to help you in your quest for greatness! Brown sugar really is a good secret ingredient! Thanks again for the compliment. I hate to admit it, but I pride myself in my food-making skills. Chris will be thinking the same thing.
    Love you!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't received any pictures from Ruby yet. That is exciting that her husband is doing so well. I hope he can commit to the gospel 100%. Keep up the good work.
    Love ya lots
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.