Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 96


Well, another week has bitten the dust... and there is a lot of dust to be bited! How many cringed at that? I apologize, but not enough to change it.
 
I think its been a slow week that has gone by super fast! I dont' remember.
 
Oh yeah, here's the good stuff! BAPTISM! Eddie Lipkeman was ... successfully ... baptized.  Finally.  It took 4 attempts, but he was finally baptized.
 
So, funny stuff.  There have been many times the past month where I have needed things.  "Ah man, my desk is TINY I need a new desk really bad!" and then last saturday a giant desk appears in my life! and now I use the biggest desk in the mission.  "Hey, our investigator needs a dryer..." Boom, driving down the road, dryer out of nowhere with a 'free' sign'.  We snag it.  I can't remember them all, but there were at least 2 other things just like that.  Crazy.  Man, I need a family to baptize! They should now show up.
 
Wednesday.  I got fat.  Morning we go to an investigator and help stack wood for her, we sing her a song and she buys us pizza.  I ate a lot of pizza, but not too much, cause I knew I had lunch scheduled with our ward mission leader in a couple hours.  So we go to panda with him,and I am dying from being so full, its now about 3 in the afternoon, and we get a phone call "Hey, we have you guys scheduled for dinner tonight... how does 5 sound?" Whoa~! outta nowhere! okay, soudns good... never deny free food.  We get so much lately... we will visit someone and they say "Oh hey, we just made this really awesome salsa... how about 2 jars of it for you?" we never buy our own eggs.  God blesses us so much, its awesome.  Being a missionary rocks.  I highly suggest it.
 
My companion has never tasted peanut butter.  WHAT the? Seriously, he hasn't.  He has never once even tried it, he refuses! He's not allergic to it, he just doesn't like the smell.  Well, that doesn't work for me.  He will eat peanut butter.  Apparently everyone his whole life has tried to get him to eat the stuff, and he wont, even almost forcing it down his throat, but alas the beauty that is peanut butter has never graced his tongue.  Well, we shall see.  I have a plan currently in motion that will bring this curse... this drought... this abomination to an end! He will eat peanut butter by weeks end.
 
Well, the gospel is sweet and stuff.  Don't forget that, it really is awesome! I'm so glad to be a part of it. 
 
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.