Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 92

My apologies for last week, my entry was quite short, I know. This week has been quite busy! Monday I lost my companion... he went home, so all of monday and tuesday I was with another set of missionaries. I don't remember those days... which kinda worries me, but oh well. Wednesday was Transfer day! Transfer Meeting is my favorite of all meetings. This was another good one! It was one where many changes took place. 8 new Zone Leaders were announced! and 11 new District Leaders. Should be interesting to see what comes of it. We lost a lot of good missionaries as they went home this past week. 2 of my companions left. I received a new companion... I was kinda hoping I wouldn't, but I guess in the end its best this way. I am actually very happy with my new companion, his name is Elder Fluckiger, he hails from Star Valley Wyoming. I really like him! He's very clean and organized, so he will be able to do the things that I am incapable of doing! Specifically; being organized. You'll be surprised to know that I am not the biggest contributor to mess! in fact, I don't make messes anymore without cleaning them up. I'm a little worried about that, but I am pretty sure its because I lived with the Phelps for so long. It was good for me... don't worry, it should wear off someday. But anyway, he's very organized, and I am not... I forget the details, all the little things, but he remembers them. Thursday we didn't get a whole lot done, we had a meeting, and a lot of planning that day, but it was still a good day. Friday we went back down to the valley for a LONG meeting. One of my least favorite meetings, but it was actually very very good! there was some wonderful doctrine taught, specifically about Faith. The Spirit was very strong at this meeting. Saturday was awesome! We had planned to go visit a family in the ward and share a message with them... we don't do that often, but are going to start doing it more. We went in and asked if we could share an easter message with them, they said of course and we sat down. Then the wife said "Oh, I bet our neighbors would like to hear as well! I'm going to go invite them." Wow, how awesome, we are not opposed to such a thing... I didn't have high hopes for it "Hey, we got the Mormon Missionaries over at our house and they want to share a message, wanna come?" That usually ends up with a polite no thank you. To our surprise, they came!! So we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ with an Easter twist. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I suspect that something will come. So we thought we would try it again... we go to another home, and this time there is a less active member who is also at the home, and we share a message and she ends up in tears knowing she needs to make some changes. So we try again!! We teach another lesson at a home, and there was probably a 10 year old girl that was there as well, and she got a copy of the Book of Mormon... and not from us, and not from the parents, but from the children. It was sweet. Well, I love Easter! It's the best. Have a great week, the church is true, and so is the Gospel. Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.