Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 88

Welp... My week out of hades is COMPLETE!!!! [insert hallelujah chorus here]
 
but seriously, that was one of the longest weeks of my life!!! but so good!
 
Tuesday: Nothing happened
 
Wednesday: Zone Leader Council; longest meeting in the world.  7 hours, normally the meeting I hate most in life, but this time was incredible! we had tracy watson, the head of proselyting in the church come, as well as Lane Steinagal who is the manager of ... something... teaching? at the MTC yes, manager of the teaching department at the MTC, both have been mission presidents.  We spoke for a long time regarding the Doctrine of Christ; Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, Enduring to the End.  It was wonderful... for a while I had been frustrated that so many of the meetings I go to haven't been about the gospel, but have been about techniques for missionary work, so this was incredibly refreshing.  I was surprised when the meeting ended.  After that we stayed in phoenix and split with some other missionaries, I went with an Elder Cannon, who I knew really well in my last area, I was very excited and we had a blast!
 
I also had another appointment with a foot doctor on Wednesday.  It hurt.  It was very strange actually, when he pulled the needle out of my foot, I felt a wave of intense cold sweep through my foot, it kinda scared me, so I asked about it, he said "Oops, I guess I got to close to the nerve." sweet.
 
Thursday: Leadership Meeting; 7 hours long.  Almost an exact repeat of the previous day.  We practiced a new contacting method, which I'm excited for, and Tracy Watson called me out of the group to help him demonstrate... I didn't have to do anything but stand thankfully, but I definitely stood up there awkwardly with him for about 15 minutes.  He's the man.
 
Friday: Zone Meeting; 3 hours long.  We spent most of our spare time after leadership meeting trying to change the zone meeting to fit what we had just learned, and then everything we planned for just went out the window anyway.  It was Elder Davenports last Zone Meeting, so he gave his departing testimony.  That's always crazy.
 
Friday-Saturday; Splits with the Assistants; 27 hours long.  All was well, we tried to sneak transfer news out of him, but we were unsuccessful.
 
Through it all, we found 2 people who are going to be baptized, it was very exciting, Martha and Vanessa, and we have an appointment tonight with someone who will most likely be baptized as well.  We are going to soon have success here!  What a good week.
 
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.