Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 73

Oh blast, once again it is transfers and I have forgotten my old planner with all the events of the past week!

Okay so here's the news.  I am staying, and I am getting a new companion! we will find out who it is tomorrow.  In fact, almost half of our zone is being transferred, so its going to be very interesting to see what happens.

Last monday was wonderful! President Taylor came up to Cottonwood to go hiking with us in Sedona, we hiked Bell Rock and had a blast! My feet are still not in perfect condition, and hikes always destroy them! this was no exception.  We had a lot of fun, and no one died.  After the hike, we took President and Sister Taylor to one of the host families in our area and we had breakfast but just with our district.  They had a little basketball hoop on the roof, probably about 8 feet up, and we had a great time playing some basketball before lunch with President, then we had Navajo tacos.  Delicious.  This took most of the day.

Things are really starting to look up here! we are teaching more people than ever.  We had an appointment with one guy John, who is CRAZY, he's so awesome though, he knows everything there is to know about guns, and he never ever ever has visitors, so he really likes us, but he's very interesting... and kinda harsh sometimes.  He came in with an M3 (a gun) and handed it to me... it was very awkward, cause we aren't allowed to handle weapons, I showed hesitation, and he shoved it at me angrily and said "Take it!!" good thing for him it wasn't loaded! just kidding... relax relax it was a joke.

We have another investigator Steve who is very intelligent religiously, its great teaching him.  Very open, very friendly. 

Then there is Brian, the 18 year old.  He is awesome! We had such a great lesson with him yesterday, we were talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or Lesson 3, and talking about Baptism, and he said "Ya know how you wanted me to pray about this? well I did, and I didn't hear any voice or anything, but I think I got my answer, it was more in how I felt about it, I just felt real good and happy and peaceful" SWEET!!! so we set a baptism date of January 7th, but hopefully we can move it forward.  Brian is the man! we invited him to a family home evening with a family in the ward he knows, who are less active, and also recent converts... we had a really fun time, it was good for him, for the family, and for us!

Yesterday we taught the dunbar family, its going to be a bit of a struggle probably with them, but they seem to have great potential, I think they will come around, they have one very rotten little boy though who would not listen to his parents, and kept trying to tear my scriptures!!!

Well, there is more that happened, and more to come next week, I know this will be a great week.

Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.