Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 72

Oh man, I haven't even thought about what I will put in this letter yet.  I hope something comes to me!

Well, the Gospel is truth, this much I know.  I love studying the scriptures, and I love studying from the general conference talks.  Elder Scott talked about how scriptures can become our friends, I love that.  I love learning new insights from the scriptures, or having questions answered by going to the scriptures.  There are some real gems. 

I had a lot of exchanges this week.  It was a good week.  I went with one of the district leaders on Tuesday - Wednesday, always love going with him, Elder Malmberg, he's awesome.  I got sick though, I was reading while in the truck and got real sick. 

On Tuesday, before the exchange, we went to visit an investigator, and she wasn't home... but we did see her car parked on another street... avoiding us... we knocked on THAT door, and no one answered.  We kept knocking, and talked to this guy lewis, I thought he was so promising, he was all tattooed and bearded, he talked to us for a long time, about how he had sold his soul to the devil by ritual and thought he had no hope, and that some churches were showing him how to be helped, but he didn't like everything they were saying... he ended up not wanting us to come back though... dang it! He had a large family too, I've never taught a family.

When I was on exchanges with E. Malmberg, we talked to this small family, just a mom and two boys, one boy is 10, and is super smart and wants to be baptized SO bad, his mom is less active, and doesn't want him to be baptized cause he's too young she says.  He begs and begs her to let him, its really sad, and missionaries in the past were really stupid and ruined some things, so we tried to repair the damage done by dumb missionaries.  We made some progress, she wants to learn more herself, and when she becomes converted, he will be baptized.

We had dinner with a family in our ward of recent converts last week, it was a lot of fun, I love that family they are very humorous.  They love to make fun of Elder Geren for being so short, its great.  We had ham and mashed potatoes and stuffing, oh it was good! I'm going to get so fat this week I know it! we have dinners scheduled almost every night.

Well I wish I had some more time, but alas I do not.

I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving, and you should probably save some leftovers for me if you could.  Thanks,

Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.