Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 58

Well, its been a different week... not much got done, but we sure did use a lot of miles on our car! there were a couple days that nothing seemed to go right. We've lost a few investigators, found a few cool ones.
Tuesday we set a real baptism date with Morgan Welchoff, for 09/10/11 kinda cool eh? It's so good teaching her, it makes up for all the other people we teach who are tough! but the tough ones are good and rewarding too... sometimes...
I'm trying to think of any interesting stories. Not much happened this week. Friday went on exchanges with another missionary, we did a lot of tracting, and had a couple really fun lessons. I love teaching! We went to a thai restaurant hoping a guy we knew would be there, the owner, he always gives us free food... he wasn't there, or I would have had the roasted duck! but I just had curry instead, it was good.
Saturday was really our most interesting day, yet nothing happened! we had no 'numbers' anyway, but it was still a good day. Tom Wootton had his funeral, it was good, I really hope he will accept the gospel in the next life... it was so funny to hear all the stories, because it made so much sense, and made a lot of things make more sense. It was a good service.
Later that day we helped someone move, and then I got to go interview a family for baptism! it was a family of 6 (but the husband wasn't there, so just five) so I enlisted the Zone Leaders to help me interview. This family is awesome! they are very ready for the gospel... the 9 year old boy kept referring to the missionaries as the messengers, it was pretty funny, but I had each of them give the opening prayer, and their prayers were just awesome! I love hearing investigators or recent converts pray, its so real.
Sunday we had another fun incident in the Singles ward... I'm not sure if I told the last one where we had a 'heckler' talking about how abortion was okay... well he came back, he likes church sometimes... But the opening song was just finishing, and he stands up, and walks out and loudly says to his friend "Ya know how you told me last night that there is more to life than the Army? well there is more to life than the Book of Mormon!" and then he stormed out. I feel bad for his friend, he's trying so hard and doing a great job of being a missionary.
Well that's it for this week.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.