Monday, August 8, 2011

Week 57

What a week.
Tuesday was awful! we had so many plans, not a single person was home! we seriously only talked to 3 people that day! It was not fun, but those days happen.
Wednesday was really fun! We had a District Meeting, and the focus for this month is personal and companionship study, so I taught the district how to study, and showed them things within the scriptures to help them study, no one knew how to effectively use some of the tools, such as the harmony of the gospels in the Bible Dictionary, and a number of them didn't have any clue how to properly use the Topical Guide, one in particular, a recent convert missionary, had no clue at all how to use the TG! he was ecstatic to finally learn how, no one had ever taken time to teach him. We then practiced, and I gave everyone a difficult subject to study. It was so much fun! everyone really enjoyed it I think. I think with the way things are going today, no one really knows HOW to study something, or how to figure something out themselves, its all so simple with google no one has to do the studying themselves.
Saturday was another day like tuesday! everyone was gone! people kept cancelling and everything.
Friday was an awesome day though, we went on exchanges with other missionaries, and between the four of us found 8 new people to teach! it was awesome.
Sunday was a fantastic day. We started teaching this really cool guy Ben. It is one of those ideal teaching situations, the spirit was in the meeting the entire time! He knows that its all true, but he is resisting it! I pointed that out to him, or rather I indicated that is how I often am personally, that I hear a new idea, and I immediately know its true, but I fight it. He got excited and said that is exactly what he is going through... so he knows he will accept the message one day, but is having a hard time with it. He was taught his whole life that Mormons are crazy and are a false church, so its hard for him to break that line of thinking.
Thursday we had an investigator challenge me in foosball. He thought he was pretty good. I suggested that if I won he would have to go to church on Sunday, and if he won, than I would have to go to church on sunday. He didn't think that was fair. He suggested that if I won, he would give up coffee and wine for a week, and if he won, that I would have to try coffee and wine! ha, yeah right... that didn't work. So we just played to see who was the true church, catholics or mormons. We played a total of 3 games one on one. Total score was 30-5 in my favor. He said he would come to church this next sunday, we'll see. I am not sure why he thought he was that good... he spins... his wife was shocked, she said he has never really lost before... I figure he must be only playing his 5 year old child... he he j/k he was okay. But most importantly is he will come to church.
That's all for this week.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.