Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 46

It's been an interesting week. I had a lesson with this crazy guy who thinks that the Jews are not Jews, but that the African people are Jews, he is convinced. It was an interesting conversation, but it was awesome cause his girlfriend joined the conversation, (who is white) and she loved what we had to say. It's great how the Lord places us where we need to be. We went to visit a less active member and found out they moved, but we had an awesome 30 minute discussion with a lady on her doorstep, she really liked what we had to say. Hopefully it goes somewhere.
We're teaching some great people right now, a couple weeks ago was tough, but this week was awesome, we have had some excellent lessons. We taught Matt Kennedy and he was much more receptive, and the spirit was there, and it was awesome! Elder Jones bore testimony of feeling the spirit, and his wife from the couch said "I believe you! I really do, cause I've felt that before" and then she told us a story she has never even told her husband. I think it was kind of a wake up call for him, cause she said she wouldn't tell him cause she thought he would just scoff at it. It was so wonderful.
I am so TIRED. Physically though, I am beat.
We had another lesson with the foreign exchange student from Russia. Just before we got there I was really upset about something, I can't remember what, but I went in with an attitude of not wanting to put up with anything. She made some stupid remarks, and asked some dumb questions. I was very bold with my answers, and maybe even overkilled a few of them, but she ended up liking what I said, so maybe I should be more angry as I go to appointments. Nah, its more important to be happy.
Well, I'm still here. I wasn't raptured, I missed it! I hope I make the next one. Everyone asks us about that, or did for a couple days.
I love testifying of what I know to be true. I love promising people that if they read the book of mormon, they will gain a testimony that its true. This work is incredible, God is behind us every step of the way. The work progresses despite the missionaries.
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.