Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 44

Well, It's been an interesting week. It was great to call home this week! I even called my grandma, it was great to hear from her. We have had an excellent week for missionary work. Mostly... I didn't get much work done though, one of the Elders in my district got sick, so I had to stay with him on occasion, so all appointments could be met, so we didn't get to go out and tract or do normal stuff last week. But the area is exploding right now! there are 14 people in my district (6 elders cover this area) who have a date set for baptism! As opposed to the average of 4-6. It's been so exciting to see the area do so well.
We set a baptism date with Billy Bishop! we are excited for that, the lord is working hard with that family, but so is satan. It's incredible how much satan can do. It's more incredible what the Lord does! Our YSA investigator, Kevin, didn't come to church again! satan is getting to him, he is afraid to come to church. We had a church tour on Friday with him, and the spirit was so strong. He even said "as soon as I walked in the doors I felt tingly" He is so awesome, but he needs to come to church! the Lord is working with him so much. Kelly, the long time investigator has not been doing so well. We're probably going to drop him.
Matt and Sarah and their family came to church this sunday! I wasn't there, but I heard it was awesome. They are the ones who wanted proof on the Book of Mormon, he kept asking "What is it that makes your members want to spend 3 hours a week in church?" and we answer, but he doesn't accept our answer, so he came. We have been worried about it, but he loved it! the primary got up and sang a song and he said he loved that. The lessons are really progressing with them. They agreed to "live the doctrine" for a few weeks. No alchohol or tea or anything. He's a dentist, so he committed us to floss every day and live that doctrine. Easy.
I am the Chess champion of the district. Congratulations to me. I used to be AWFUL at chess, for some reason I'm better... maybe its cause I am a missionary... but everyone else is too. I think its because as a missionary I am forced to think things through more thoroughly, and to think ahead a lot more, and to judge consequences. Or maybe everyone else is just REALLY bad, yeah its probably that one.
Today we might go play chair soccer. I hate chair soccer.
Well that is all for the day...
Elder Martin


Melanie here. Be sure to read the post below as well. It is from last week, and I thought I posted it, but did not until last nigh. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.