Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 54

Well, last wednesday was my one year mark in the great state of Arizona! it's about 20 degree's cooler than last year, and I am LOVING IT! Oh first of all, before I get into the e-mail, thank you for the comment on the blog! everyone should follow your example. Which also reminds me, that doesn't cut it, you owe me a real letter cami! I have not received any mail for the past 12 weeks, so you should send me one.
Anyway, things here are going great! we have a new missionary in our district, and we are working hard with that, and keeping things going smooth. It was a slow week though, on Tuesday we went to clean the new casita we planned on living in, and after we cleaned we walked out and ran into Elder Cherry, the housing missionary! it was perfect timing! He came and approved the place and we moved in that very day! I absolutely love our new place, it is awesome! I miss the other Elders, but I love being with just my companion, we get a lot more done. However, the next day he got sick, so we didn't get much done the first half of the week.
Friday was awesome, I went on exchanges with Elder Bush, one of my favorite people in the world. I love going on splits with him, he's such an awesome missionary and we get along very well. We had a good day... but again not much got done, that morning we went to mow someones lawn which was really long, we used an ELECTRIC lawn mower! it needed an extension cord and what not... That was a new experience, I almost felt like I was vacuuming, so we got the lawn mowed, but unfortunately hit a sprinkler in the long grass and broke it! so then we had to go and get everything to replace the sprinkler and then fix it, which turned out to be really simple, I was kinda hoping for a tough fix, but it was just really easy. Whoever put in the water and electric in this house was really stupid! the pipe was about an inch and a half under the ground, and their were all kinds of wires around it too that I was lucky enough not to sever! very cheap labor! then we went and had lunch and then Elder Bush broke a veneer on his tooth, and he looked like a thug so we got it fixed right away, we spent a lot of time back and forth from town, it was no good.
Friday night I found out that one of the wards in the district had baptized a 10 year old! Ugh, that is not something that is allowed! anyone over 9 has to go through the missionaries. So Salt Lake refused it and now it has to go through us. Funny stuff. Saturday was good. I am very excited to teach Morgan, the daughter of one of my first baptisms, she is so awesome and excited to take the discussions and be baptized, I am so glad I get to teach her!
Well keep commenting, and feel free to write me a letter =]
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.