Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week 2

Hello! I'm still at the MTC, and I'm loving it! the MTC is a beautiful place, the grounds are amazing, and the spirit even better! It's been another eventful week, no apostles this week, but some great speakers, and some interesting happenings. My teacher brother Bunker got hit by a car and nearly died! He broke two ribs, punctured his lung which then partially collapsed, fractured his face, and has abrasions everywhere on his body! he's a mess, and stupid! He came to class 3 days later. Sad note, my good friend Elder Paulson left for home, he couldn't do it, that was probably the hardest day here so far, but the good experiences and the spirit here far outweigh the bad times which are few. Volleyball here is AWFUL not gonna lie, no one knows how to play... I'm not allowed to serve properly either, they get mad. I love MOST of my district... nah I do love them all, but some of them irritate me. But that's normal yes? hopefully so. I'm going to try out for a musical number tomorrow, I'm singing My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee. I'm sure I wont get to sing, since I'm leaving in less than a week, but I thought it would be fun to at least try out. It's best if I don't get to perform cause it would be in front of over 2000 people! I get so exhausted during the day because of the spirit! we had a musical fireside called the Standard of Truth, it was about the Restoration, but it went more into depth on the reformation and the founding of the country, it was amazing and the spirit was so strong, and I gained a stronger testimony of our founding fathers and of Joseph Smith. I love missionary work, I am so excited to go to Arizona and talk to REAL people about the gospel, the spirit is so strong in all the lessons we get to teach to mock investigators, it will be so much better in Arizona. Oh I can't wait!!! Less than a WEEK! Make sure you check out the weather in Phoenix on the 13th. I leave here at 9:52 in the morning, and arrive there at 10:33 Well that's all for this week, I wish I had more time to write more, there are so many great experiences!
Elder Martin

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about your companion. That is always sad when they decide to go back home. Do you play with your district only or are other districts playing with you during volleyball. You would think that somebody would play well, with all those missionaries. Keep feeling the spirit and being obedient.
    Love ya lots Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.