Monday, July 5, 2010

A letter!

Hello readers! Elder Martin wrote home. This blurb he especially wrote for you! He mentioned that the enter button wasn't working, so there are no paragraph breaks. Oh, and the period button always makes two periods. So there are some excuses for him. :)

Greetings people who care! So Here I am finally on a mission, shame on you who didn't think it would happen! nah, can you imagine? I am officially no longer a newbie missionary, its been a week! I am loving every minute of it, well almost every minute, there have already been some trials and challenges.... Companions... The food is making me fat, and the spirit is making me tired! literally, I am so exhausted!! yet I'm getting more sleep than I ever did back home, I am convinced that prolonged exposure to so much of the spirit is making me super tired all the time. Jospeh Smith once said "You get used to it" so hopefully I'll not be so tired soon. I have an amazing district, all very mature (mostly) and all will be excellent missionaries. The worst part about being here is the fact that the Provo Temple is CLOSED for the duration of my stay here at the MTC! Since I've been here, the entire First Presidency has also been here as well as most of the Quorum of the Twelve. I personally saw Elder Nelson and Elder Holland. Both were about a hundred feet away from me, Elder Holland was speaking to a couple and was so sweet and kind to them, and he told them how much he loved them. These men are not just putting on a show, they truly care, they are like that in real life. I can't write a ton right now since I've only got a few minutes left...... also my laundry is waiting for me! I'm so happy for P-day I can finally write letters and relax a bit, not that I don't enjoy studying, I love having so much time to study!! But its also nice to get out of my suit! Speaking of letters, Why haven't most of you written to me eh? What the heck? I need some love, send me letters!!! I don't have peoples addresses I just realized, I don't have friends or family addresses, so send me a letter and I will have your address. I am about to be booted, so I'm outta here! Til next week my friends.. Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.