Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 20

Greetings to my friends and family... Say, does anyone even read this thing? is it worth me writing these? I hope so.
So this week has been great, I got a new companion, Elder Nuttall from California, he's a great Elder and its going to be a good 6 weeks! Elder Farnsworth and Elder Kavatoe are STILL in my same area though! its so awesome, Elder Kavatoe lives in the same apartment as me, and Elder Farnsworth is now my Zone Leader, I knew he would be.
I had an awesome lesson with the the 11 year old boy named Jason, we were teaching at his friends house, he is so excited to learn! the other kids were being so noisy and disruptive, and he would say "Stop it, I'm trying to listen, I want to learn about this!" it was awesome. They were pretty loud and kept interrupting, a 10 minute lesson lasted an hour, at the end they said "When is this lesson over, I want to eat" I said "Well, it was a 10 minute lesson, but you kept interrupting and talking and asking questions not on the topic" they said "Oh, good point". Anyway, at one point, Elder Nuttall was about to tell the story of Joseph Smith, the First Vision, but I stopped him and said "Now you guys have to listen and be quiet as he tells this story, its an incredible story and the spirit always comes when its told, so pay attention and don't interrupt him." and said other things to set it up and grab their attention, there eyes were all on him, so intent on listening, and then, as usual, someone knocks on the door! all three boys jump up and run to the door! UGH!!! Satan, you crafty devil you. Without fail, a phone rings, a door knocks, something happens during the story! always always always.
I've had quite a few people who are just crazy, I thought I've heard every argument ever. I was talking to a guy in the park, and he was making some silly points about how we are saved no matter what because of "Freedom in Christ" and I quoted the Savior himself in Matthew chapter 10, and he said "Well, that was said during his life, when people were still subject to the law, after his death no one was subject to that law anymore." I was baffled, through talking more, I learned that he pretty much rejects everything that Christ said, even though he denies that fact... it was so strange! people have so many ways of justifying their actions.
I wish I could write more! It's a busy day, I have to leave, I still believe though! =] the church is true and I love missionary work.
Elder Martin

P.S.
Oooh, great story, I meant to tell it in the other letter to everyone, maybe you can add it in there melanie. So the other day we were visiting the ward mission leader, and I thought "Hmmm, lets go visit the Quast family who live nearby" I thought I knew where they lived, but wasn't exactly sure, so I got to the house that looked like theres, and knocked on the door. It was not the quasts, but we talked and she said we could come back and teach some more! we'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are being led by the spirit. When you go to a wrong house and they accept you coming to teach them that is definitely being led by the spirit. That young Jason boy is a special spirit it sounds like he wants so much to learn. Too bad for that doorbell. I think those other boys would have listened with earnest had not the bell rang. You are doing great keep up the good work and Love the Lord with all your heart.
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.