Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 4

My dear family and friends,
thank you all for your comments! I can assure you that I am fed very well. And this may be of note to those in the family, every time I mention that I'm a Turley, everyone immediately knows a connection, the Turley name here in Arizona is HUGE, some of the most well known people here are Turley's. A Turley started the paulo verde nuclear power plant which is very large. Anyway, I'm famous already here. Oh also something of interest to the Turleys, one of the Elders in my apartment is a Bartlett, He says he knows the name of Joyce and Lester, but not sure exactly why he does. I'll update later on that.
The work continues, and the spirit increases, and my testimony continues to increase! I love being here and look forward to every day. I am always impressed by the members here in Arizona. The Bishops are incredible, and the wards are incredible, the food is delicious and somehow I'm not getting fat! The Lord is truly blessing me in that regard!!!! Must be the lack of a decent lunch.
I've noticed some interesting patterns in missionary work. I think that the Lord places people on the earth almost strategically, every street I tract has a different "theme" if you will. I think the Lord places people based on their spiritual journey. One street I tract will be cordial and kind, but will still turn us away, another street everyone will be rude and just ignore us, another street people will all look through their windows and refuse to answer the door, another street they will come to the door and chew us out for what we're doing, another street will all bring out their bibles and start to bash us... It's fascinating to me that each street really does have a theme or a common factor in how they approach life... there are always a few doors on every street that are different of course, but for the most part one street has similar beliefs and approaches to life.
I had an investigator show up to church yesterday, it surprised us! we didn't even know until after sacrament. It was an amazing experience, it doesn't matter how much we get turned away, how many doors are slammed in my face, how many people laugh at us or mock us, how many people refuse to listen, the second an investigator shows up to church that's all that matters! I'm so excited for his progression, I am positive that he will be baptized, he has an answer just doesn't know it yet! I hope he finds out soon that he knows what he must do.
Well I'm out of time for this week! Thanks for the comments and for listening
Elder Martin

3 comments:

  1. congratulations, Elder Martin! you have officially made it into my quote book! how exciting! i'm glad SOMEBODY (Stephanie) let me know about your stinking blog. don't worry, i'm not bitter at all that you didn't tell me about it once it was finally set up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are watching you....

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Jason. Let him know what you think of his latest letter pictures, or how you're doing.